Friday, June 26

Some more updates

  1. Boni is doing bicep curls with a foam ball in her hand! We were working on the wrist and fingers this week and have a lot of work to do.
  2. Rosalande is getting a bit of a tummy. She's been to church a couple times this week with Mama and was cooking today in the kitchen. You have no idea what transformation this is from over a week ago.
  3. We had an eye clinic this week and saw over 400 patients (might have been over 500 even). People can see (funny pictures to come)!
  4. We have over 500 patients entered into the database and are working on the format. Lots more to go but help from the group that was here this week was much appreciated.
  5. I had a rat in my suitcase last night. I'm a little traumatized. I opened my suitcase to get candy canes for my friends (Kayla left these to give away) and out jumped a HUGE (not exaggerating here...) brown rat. Straight at my leg, just missed me and ran out the door. Holy camoly. I screamed so loud and was so traumatized. I did sleep there last night but man oh man. I hung all my food in a bag from my wall. Kind of like hiding the food from bears!
  6. 11 of the group members leave on Saturday and the rest on Tuesday. They will missed but I'm looking forward to life returning back to normal.
  7. It's still hot here. I have a crazy heat rash on the back of my legs but this hasn't kept me from running.
  8. Electrical will hopefully start next week or the following. It's delayed because they were using the hospital this week for the eye clinic.
  9. It doesn't feel like it's been 4 weeks already - but apparently this Sunday that will be the case. Lucky for me I can't count weeks and I'm actually here for 11 weeks rather than 10. Yay!
Miss you all lots and can't wait to hear from you. Send me an email!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shauna,
    You sound like you're having the most amazing experiences! Keep up the blogging! I hope you're safe and healthy and you have no more "bush emergencies" haha. When you get home you have to call me and fill me in on everything you didn't have time to write! My brother-in-law Todd really wants to go to Haiti - maybe I'll get him to come down and visit you! I'm headed to Winnipeg in July with Dallas but you won't be home yet :( Continue to cherish every minute you get to spend down there (wish I was with you!!). May God keep you safe!
    Love ya
    Amber Bassen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure I would have vomited at the sight of that rat. I hate nothing more than rats. I don't think I will eat for a month now. Thanks for that story sure is sick.

    ReplyDelete