Tuesday, July 14

World view

Today I have been thinking about bringing children to Haiti and what impact it would make on their lives. I wish for everyone to gain a better understanding of the world outside of their world. I want all Winnipeggers to get a better picture of the world and I want Haitiens to see that there's another world out there. I want my children to grow up knowing and understanding a different culture. I think that will be something that will be on my parenting list of things to do. If I can't do anything else, I want to give my children the opportunity to travel and see the world at a young age. I can't even begin to imagine how it would form them as human beings. As a 23 year I already have values and ideas formed in my head. Before travelling to Ecuador at 18 I had my ideas and values formed. Yes I'm always being changed and transformed, but what about introducing children at a young age to life in Haiti? It's almost overwhelming for me to think about. One day I would love to bring down my nieces and nephew and cousins. To show them the world outside of what they know. I would love for my new friends here in Haiti to experience life in Winnipeg. There is something so profound that happens when you sumberge yourself in another culture with another race. There is oh so much to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Shauna the philosopher nanny maybe?

    I really liked the rat incident - Darlene would move to more than just the main house after that!

    ReplyDelete