Wednesday, February 3

I've arrived!

Hi friends!
I've arrived safe and sound. My bags just came today so I had a couple days of wearing the same thing but oh well! It was a relief to see all the bags and no problems getting through customs at all. The weather is gorgeous (nothing like in the summer) and it's so great to see all my friends and family. I started working this morning and that was encouraging and fun. Great to try and converse in Creole and understand the reports they have created following the earthquake. But we did it with little frustration! It's such a joy to be back here, and even when I'm a little sad to have left Winnipeg, I just wait about 15 minutes and something else great will happen. Things change so rapidly here in Haiti so you just have to wait it out, and NOT plan anything. I am limiting my internet use this week as I want to spend time with friends catching up, but hope to post more frequently in the future. The town has many more people here and the schools are closed so there's a lot of hanging around. I've met many people that have come from Port au Prince after the earthquake that will likely remain here for awhile. They are survivors, as my friend Calvin continues to point out. Yes, all people here surely are survivors. Thank you everyone for your support and I look forward to staying in touch! :)
Love,
Shauna

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your first few days are going well. Hope your creole comes back quickly as you reconnect with friends. Rose:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shauna,
    I found your blog on a link from Janelle's and just finished reading every entry, from last year to now. Your writing is very engaging and thought provoking. I am so in awe of you and how you have faithfully answered God's call for your life. I wish I had had the same opportunities at your age. I will pray for strength for you because I'm sure that you will experience/witness many things that we here in Canada in our comfortable lives cannot begin to imagine. But you will see the miracles that happen every day, and you will be a part of it, and hopefully by sharing your experiences on this blog, those of us here in Winnipeg will in some small way, be able to experience Haiti, and appreciate that tiny country and it's people, for all that it is and can become in the future. God Bless You Shauna.
    Sincerely,
    Ruth Prokesch

    ReplyDelete