Sunday, May 10

Flights & Prep

This afternoon I booked my flight. Not after some real trouble though.

Apparently Air Canada sells a whole bunch of tickets to Air Canada VACATIONS and so I went to book my flight last night all of the economy seats were booked. You see, they only fly out once a week to the Dominican which is how I plan to get to my destination of Haut-Limbe, Haiti soo....I was in a bit of a pickle!

Well, a very long story short, I booked my flight a week earlier then I'd planned (which is actually 3 months earlier then I'd originally planned...why do I even try to plan...???) and in 3 weeks I'll be overnighting in Montreal heading to Puerta Plata the next morning (May 31st).

As I try to think about all that needs to be done in the next 20 days I can't help but just be excited! Things will work out here in Winnipeg and I feel not one bit of guilt for leaving my responsibilities for 3 months. I need a break from this chapter of my life. It's time to start a new one. I plan to return back to this way of life here in Winnipeg soon, but for now I just can't wait to step out. There are bigger things happening...and God's got a plan!

While in Haiti I hope to create and implement a patient database for the clinic/hospital. After much searching these last 2 months for the perfect health clinic software with just the right fields, I realized there has to be a better option! Microsoft Access! Now I hear it's a sucker to learn but once you've got it it's an amazing tool. So...in the next 3 weeks I plan to read the dummies book for Access and start on this task. Any Access experts out there?

And what will be waiting for me when I arrive in Limbe?









A whole lot of patient cards to be entered into the system. Thousands...

And I just can't wait! :)
(ask me in 1 month how excited I am to be entering in all those crazy names that I can't spell let alone pronounce. Good name base for picking baby names...??? Just kiddin!)

I just can't wait to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment